National Prescription Drug Take Back Day is a biannual event that aims to provide a safe, convenient, and responsible way of disposing of unused or expired prescription drugs, while also raising awareness about the potential for abuse of medications.
You can search for a collection site near you by entering your zip code or city/state at https://www.dea.gov/takebackday. There, you can also find year-round drug-disposal locations and other resources.
If you have any unneeded medications in your home, please consider participating in this event and help prevent medication misuse and opioid addiction.
Some of the collection sites in our area include:
• The Shelby Township Police Department
• Meijer’s at 15375 24 Mile Road
• CVS at 46960 Van Dyke
• Meijer’s at 15055 Hall Road
• Meijer’s at 8401 26 Mile Road
• Walgreen at 16741 Canal
• Kroger’s at 43893 Schoenherr
• Macomb County Sheriff Office @ 43565 Elizabeth Road