St. Therese of Lisieux loved flowers and saw herself as the “little flower of Jesus”, who gave glory to God by being her beautiful little self among all the other flowers in God’s garden.
The Gardening Angels are a dedicated group of volunteers whose goal is to imitate St. Therese’s *”Little Ways” in creating, maintaining, and providing beautiful venues for prayer and spiritual development.
There are seven existing gardens the Angels tend:
1. Front of Church-street side
2. Main entrance into church
3. Monsignor’s front and backyard
4. Fr. Tom Sutherland’s garden
5. The Rosary Garden
6. Inside church the Blessed Virgin’s atrium
7. Inside church St. Francis of Assisi’s atrium
The Angels are active from spring to fall.
- Spring: pruning roses, deadheading plants, trimming trees and bushes, preparing flowers beds, fertilizing, pulling weeds and planting annuals and perennials.
- Summer: weeding, watering, deadheading, trimming and pruning.
- Fall: leave clean up, clearing flower beds
We are a happy fun group. We work both as a team on projects or independently on other garden duties.
We are fortunate to have the help from the Knights of Columbus with large projects.
We are very appreciative of St. Therese parishioners who donate annuals in the spring and mums in the fall. They make are flowerbeds joyful.
Please, if you enjoy gardening come and join in the fun. An orientation will be provided, and you then can decide how you would like to contribute to our joint goal of maintaining and beautifying our gardens. Any questions please feel free to contact me. Thank you, Mary Anne.
Contact John Karski
P: 586 254-4433 x302
*The Little Way” is a simple approach to the spiritual life that seeks to do ordinary things with extraordinary love.