Confirmation: Mission Year 1 & 2
Welcome to our Confirmation Preparation and Review
The Goal of the Confirmation Program is to help our teens to move from accepting their parents’ faith to learning and confirming that what the catholic faith teaches is indeed the Truth and the Way to eternal Life.
Through games, guided meditations, small and large group discussions, teens are invited to understand what it means to be human by pondering four big questions:
- Who am I? Where and who do I belong? (Identity)
- Where do I come from? (Origin)
- What is my life for? (Purpose)
- Where am I going? (Destiny)
Confirmation Preparation “Mission” is a:
- 2-year program that covers the basic concepts of our rich Catholic Faith.
- It meets 17 times a year, Sept. through May.
- We start Sept. 11/12
- Classes are offered twice a month on Mondays and Tuesdays at 5 pm and 6:30 pm.
- The time we spend together is interactive, hands on and introspective.
- During our gatherings we will use a workbook, the Bible, and a “Thinking Journal” to ponder big questions such as: What makes me happy? What is the meaning of life? Who is God? Who is Jesus? Why be Catholic?
- Engagement in the life of the church through service opportunities, time for fellowship, and personal reflection.
- We use the Chosen Program designed by Ascension Press. You can preview it here: -https://ascensionpress.com/pages/chosen-your-journey-toward-confirmation-downloadable-resources
- It includes a retreat each year, engagement in the life of the church through service opportunities, time for fellowship, and personal reflection.
Parents please come to one of our two parent meetings where you will have the chance to experience firsthand some of the activities and questions your teen will ponder while in class.
Wednesday, August 23, 7-8 PM
Monday, September 18, 7-8 PM
Please sign up here. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080d48aaaf2aa4f58-mission1#/
For more information, contact
VeronicaL@stol.church or 586-254-2944 x 313