The first three months of this year have been very busy for the St. Therese of Lisieux Knights of Columbus. Below is a summary of past events and a look at events that will be held soon.
• The “Antonio Vittorini Memorial Dinner for Vocations” was held on January 28th. The turnout for this event was outstanding which meant a lot to the seminarians who were able to attend this dinner. Due to the generosity of the people who shared a meal with these future priests, checks were written to eight seminarians and two postulates to help pay for their vocational education. They and the Knights thank you.
• On February 18th, the Mother Teresa movie “No Greater Love” was shown in the Social Hall after the 4:30pm Mass. The turnout of parishioners to watch this movie and enjoy coney dogs and popcorn exceeded expectations. A “free-will” donation box was on the serving table and, due to the generosity of the movie goers, a check for $694 was sent to the Sisters of Charity. Thank you again.
• The Knights have been selling raffle tickets in the Gathering Space since December and, as of March 5, there are (355) tickets left. The winning begins May 1st and continues every day of the month except on Sundays. Ticket sales will end April 30th or when all the tickets are sold. Get yours while the supply lasts.
• The Knights will be conducting a Tootsie Roll Drive on March 24 – 26 at the Kroger store at 23 Mile Rd. and Hayes. All the proceeds go to benefit Michigan citizens with intellectual/physical disabilities. Please visit the Knights, say “Hi!”, take a Tootsie Roll and be generous.
• The next and last “Breakfast Buffet” before summer will be after the 8:00 & 9:45am Masses on April 16th. Join us then for a great breakfast send-off.
These are some of the events happening in March and April. Follow our other events in the church bulletin. Thank you for being such great supporters of the Knights of Columbus.