PART 1: Watch this video with a parent (Maybe sponsor, too)!
BustedHalo.com’s fantastic introduction to the Sacraments series:
- Why do I have to get confirmed if I’m already baptized?
- How do I choose a sponsor as I prepare for confirmation?
- Why do I have the option to choose a new name?
PART 2: Commitment form
As a baptized Catholic, I am preparing for reception of the Sacrament of Confirmation, by which I will be more perfectly bound to the Catholic Church and enriched with a special strength of the Holy Spirit to spread and defend the Faith as a witness of Christ.
As a candidate for Confirmation, I promise the following:
- I will attend Mass every Sunday and on all holy days of obligation.
- I will receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation at least twice beofre my Confirmation.
- I will accept more responsibility in my family, parish, and community by putting my talents and gifts at the service of others.
- I will commit to daily prayer, praying especially for growth in faith, hope, and love.
As I make these promises, I ask God to give me the grace to be open to his plans for my life—plans he reveals to me in prayer, in my talents and aspirations, and in the encouragement of those who know and love me. I place myself in the loving embrace of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit in asking for help in fulfilling this commitment.